U16 Schedule & Results
Click here for account creation and registration how-to via AdminSki.
Entry Fees for 2023/2024
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2024 season.
|Price per start
|SL and GS
|SG and DH
|$40 per race
Race Schedule & Results for the 2024 Season
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboard sanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the ‘Wild West Series.’
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW US Ski and Snowboard has banned the use of all fluoronated wax, for all athletes.
Standings and Awards
Western Region U16 Championships
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard U16 Jr Championships is a championship event for racers ages 14 and 15 years old only, from the five divisions of the Western Region. Each of the three regions of U.S. Ski & Snowboard (Western/Rocky-Central/Eastern) conducts its own U16 Regional Jr Championships. The event consists of 2 SG, 1 GS, 1 SL races.
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season. Athletes selected for Regional Championships are required to participate in all races as scheduled.
Quota: Men: 28 Women: 28
The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U16 Jr Championships qualifying events (WILD WEST SERIES). There are three weekends contesting SL, GS, and SG. Each competitor’s best 5 of 9 WCP scores from all the qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. If any of the qualifiers are canceled, then five count from seven or eight, four from five or six, three from four, two from two or three, and one from one count. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Racer A: 100, 80,80,60,50,30,22,0,0
Racer B: 80, 80,80,80,50,30,22,0,0
In the example above both athletes have a best of 5 total of 370 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest US Ski and Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
Automatic Status- In Which a NPS event or race prohibits an athlete from starting in a Wild West series race to U16 Regional Championships on the Far West quota: athletes that attend NPS series must participate in 2 of 3 WW series races to qualify as an automatic, final WW series race is mandatory. Must be a WR selection to the project. (No discretionary athletes). The Far West U16 Jr Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
- Racers ranked by their U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, from points list #18 valid Feb 29 for each discipline
- In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athletes better U.S. Ski & Snowboard result in the discipline
In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athletes better U.S. Ski & Snowboard result in the discipline
Travel and Payment regulations for U16 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program.
- Refunds for U16 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case-by-case basis.
The US winners of each discipline race and the combined at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard /Western Region U16 Junior Championships will be named to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard JR Championships Team and be automatics to the following seasons Far West Ski Team.