Tahoe Race Series & Results
The Tahoe Race Series is designed to be an accessible, cost effective, development stepping stone to life- long fun and friendship in ski racing.
New for 2024 Season
- Entry will be done individually by each family, not team entry.
- Lift tickets are not included in entry, they must be purchased separately. Information will be on the race announcement.
Obtaining a U.S. Ski & Snowboard Membership
All Tahoe Race Series races will be U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West Sanctioned events. All athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West Membership in order to compete in the Tahoe Race Series with their home program. In order to obtain that membership, please follow these few steps.
- Visit https://usskiandsnowboard.org/
- Click on ‘Members’ and scroll down
- Either ‘Create an Account’ or ‘Log In’ to your My U.S. Ski & Snowboard account.
- From you ‘My Account’ box choose ‘Register a new U.S. Ski & Snowboard member’
- You will need to choose a competitor license based on your age and choose the Far West Division, plus include your club.
- You will complete all steps and check out at the end.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, your team administration or email@example.com
NEW 2024 SEASON
Entry for races will be done individually by each family, no team entry.
Lift tickets will no longer be included in entry fee. Lift tickets must be purchased separately, details will be in the race announcement.
Tahoe Race Series Entry Fees for 2024
Regular Season Entry: $35
Late registration is $40
Tahoe Race Series Announcements
- All athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West competitors license (www.usskiandsnowboard.org) to complete both
- All races are U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West, non-scored, sanctioned events
- Athletes are required to use team assigned bibs (contact your team administrator for your bib)
- At all Tahoe Race Series events, competitors must use only one pair of skis within the race arena, which is defined as the area between the fences and including the start and finish areas.
- Hard ear helmets are required for all athletes and forerunners as listed in the U.S. Ski & Snowboard ACR.
For U14 and older: athletes must use helmets that meet the FIS standards.
No soft ear helmets allowed.
- US Ski and Snowboard has banned the use of all fluoronated wax use for all athletes. Application of any type of waxing solution must not be applied at any Tahoe Race Series competition venue, which is defined as the ski resort property. Use of ski preparation benches at any Tahoe Race Series competition is not allowed in the race arena.
- Races will utilize a team start order that is drawn and posted by December 15th. Running youngest to oldest by age group, all girls first followed by all boys, and reverse within their age class for the second run
- All competitors receive 2 runs per race day
- Age classes are U8, U10, U12, U14 and U16+
- An athlete must compete in one Tahoe Race Series Race in order to be eligible to participate in the Championships.
- *NEW 2024 SEASON*– Entry will be done individually by each family, not team entry.
- *NEW 2024 SEASON*– Lift tickets are not included in entry, they must be purchased separately. Information will be on the race announcement.