The inaugural Western US High School Championships were held in March 2020 at Mammoth Mountain. States in attendance included California, Nevada, Oregon, and Wyoming. The goal is to bring together the top High School racers in the Western Half of the United States to compete for their State in a Championship format event, participating in GS and SL. This event is a US Ski and Snowboard Sanctioned, Non-Scored, event.
2021 Championships will be held March 11-13, 2021 - location TBD
Race Organizers can click here for the 2021 Bid Package. Bids are due to [email protected] by July 3rd, 2020 at 5pm
- All racers must hold one of the following US Ski and Snowboard memberships: Alpine Non-Scored Athlete (AS), Short Term Alpine (STA) if under 18 years of age, or Alpine Competitor U16 and Older (AC U16). Memberships can be obtained at www.usskiandsnowboard.org
- All coaches must hold a US Ski and Snowboard Coaches membership (can take up to two weeks to pass all background and Safesport requirements). Memberships can be obtained at www.usskiandsnowboard.org
- Helmets: All helmets must be FIS approved, no exception
- Skis must meet US Ski and Snowboard equipment rules
- Team size is 12 men and 12 women. Top 6 finishers of each run count for the team score (this allows DNF or DSQ first run to get a 2nd chance to potentially score points for their team). Combined times count towards individual standings.
- Awards: Top 3 Men’s Teams, Top 3 Women’s Teams, Top 3 Combined Teams, Top 5 for men GS, Top 5 for men SL, Top 5 for women GS, Top 5 for women SL
- State Team entries are due by Monday, March 8, 2021 on master team excel.