- Race Registration
- Race Schedule
- Season Announcements
- U14 Regional Championships - not contested in 2021 season
- U14 Performance Camp - not contested in 2021 season
- 2021 Bib Assignments (2.12.2021)
Race registration requirements for 2021 Season
- All registration will be completed online via US Ski and Snowboard event online registration through the athletes My USSA portal. Registration will close 5 days prior to the first Team Captains Meeting of that event. (ie Wild West Series starts on Friday for Men and Sunday for Women, the reg will close Sunday night prior for all).
- Coaches must complete their online registration for the event by the same deadline as the athletes.
- The first one hundred athletes to register will be entered in the event. There will be no ‘waiting list’ available. Any pulls prior to the entry deadline need to go through the race organizer, allowing further athletes to register. Pulls after the entry deadline will not be refunded.
- Registration will open 45 days prior to the Team Captains Meeting of an event. Race announcements need to be out prior to this 45 day window. Any delay in opening of the registration will be announced via the Far West Office eblast system.
- Resort liability waivers must be received by the Organizing Committee no later than 48 hours after the close of online registration. There will be no opportunity to turn them in at the Team Captains Meeting and an athlete will be pulled from the event.
- No late registration will be available.
- Athletes are required to use their Far West purchased bib for the 2021 season for all Far West age class events (TRS race bibs through their program).
- Items to be included on the Race Announcement from the organizing committee:
- Ticket purchase process/order
- Pre event symptom check process
- Parent ticket info, if available
- Race area requirements, i.e. lift loading guides, indoor facility information, virtual awards links (physical awards prohibited), team captains meeting platform (link not necessary on the race announcement), race document delivery process (start lists, ref reports, results).
- Area ROL to be attached
- Other required reminders:
- athlete responsibility for equipment rules (222.1)
- face coverings required (223.1.1)
- team inspection times will be utilized
- physical scoreboard prohibited
- team areas will be available above the start for athletes and coaches only.
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2021:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2021 season.
|Event||Price per start|
|SL, GS and PL||$40|
$40 for tech events
Race Schedule & Results
|Snow Summit||2 GS||South Series||U10+||CANCELLED|
|Bear Valley||2 SL||Central Series||U10+||CANCELLED|
|Northstar||2 GS||Ca Challenge||U14 Only||CANCELLED|
|Sugar Bowl||SL||Ca Challenge||U14 Only||POSTPONED|
Febr 13-14, 2021
|Snow Summit||2 SL||Open Series||U14+||Race Announcement||*NEW EVENT*|
|Feb 6, 2021||Mammoth||2 SL||Open Series||U14+||Mammoth Athletes Only
Updated Race Announcement 1.26.21
|W #1 W #2
M #1 M#2
Feb 7, 2021
|W #1 W #2
M #1 M#2
|February 5, 2021||Sugar Bowl||2 SL||Open Series||
Updated Race Announcement
|Feb 5- Boys||Boys Results|
|February 6, 2021||Feb 6- Boys||Boys Results|
|February 7, 2021||Feb 7- Girls||Girls Results|
|February 8, 2021||Feb 8- Girls||Girls Results|
|February 6, 2021||Bear Valley||UPDATED
|Central Series||U10+||Race Announcement||SL Boys Boys Girls Girls|
|February 7, 2021||GS Boys Girls|
|February 6, 2021 SL||Snow Summit||2 SL||South Series||U10+||
|SL Boys Boys Girls Girls|
|February 7, 2021 GS||GS Boys Boys Girls Girls|
|Feb 20-21, 2021||Mammoth||SL GS||Open Series||U14+||Mammoth Athletes
|W1 W2 M1 M2|
|W1 W2 M1 M2|
|Feb 27-28, 2021||Snow Summit||Tech||Open Series||U14+||Race Announcement|
|March 2, 2021||Squaw Valley
||2 GS||Open Series||U14 Only||
120 mile rule in effect
|March 3, 2021||Girls|
|March 4, 2021||Boys|
|March 5, 2021||Boys|
|February 27, 2021||China Peak||SG U14+||Central Series||U12+||Race Announcement||Results|
|February 28, 2021||Results|
|March 25, 2021||Squaw Valley||SG.GS.SL||Divisional Champs||U14 Only||
Reg Opens March 5th
|March 26, 2021||SG 1 SG 2|
|March 27, 2021||Boys GS|
|March 28, 2021||Boys SL|
|April 1, 2021||Squaw Valley||SG.GS.SL||Divisional Champs||U14 Only||GIRLS CHAMPS
|April 2, 2021||SG 1 SG 2|
|April 3, 2021||Girls GS|
|April 4, 201||Girls SL|
|April 15-18, 2021||Squaw Valley||Boys Standings
|Boys Responses due by 4.2.21||Click here for selections and Reg Info||Girls Responses due by 4.8.21|
|April 21-22.2021||Mammoth||SG Project||Girls|
|April 22||SG TR Run|
|April 23 - 24, 2021*||SG races||Girls SG Points Order
Available 4.13 or 14
|updated race announcement
||SG 1 Ladies|
|April 25-26, 2021||SG Project||UPDATED PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT 3.30||Boys|
|April 26||SG TR Run||Boys SG points Order||Responses due by 4.11|
|April 27-28*||SG races||updated race announcement||SG 1
* All Far West U14's will be allowed access to the Far West SG Finals. Far West SG Finals open to U16 and U19's by registration deadline, 10 days prior to the event. U14 SG registration will be available immediately following the U16/U19 registration deadline.
U14 athletes will fill the reamining spots, up to 100, based on National SG points as of list #19 (valid April 1.2021) for the men and list #20 (valid April 15.2021) for the girls. Training run is required for all U14 athletes.
U14 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski and Snowboard and Far West U14 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U14 Races (YOB 07-08) are run as U.S. Ski and Snowboard sanctioned, scored, events. Start lists are based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
SG training runs may be run in team order.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW 2021 season Fluorinated wax is not allowed at any US Ski and Snowboard competitions for any age group. No wax benches are allowed in the U14 and younger race arena. Application of wax is not allowed at the U14 and under competition venue, which is defined as the ski resort property.
- The California Challenge Series is the qualifying series to the U14 Regional Championships
- NEW NEW NEW 12.8.20 For the 2021 season a TRS participant may not participate in a Far West age class race and a Far West age class race participant may not participate in a TRS race.
- There will be no Team Standings for the 2021 season.
Standings and Awards
Over Season standings for the California Challenge Series, combining all 6 races, is awarded 1st-10th place
2020 U14 Standings
Team Standings Finalized
There will be no Team Standings for the 2021 season.