- Race Registration
- Race Schedule
- Season Announcements
- U14 Regional Championships
- U14 Performance Camp
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2022:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2022 season.
|Event||Price per start|
|SL, GS and PL||$40|
$40 for tech events
Race Schedule & Results
|January 8, 2022||Palisades Tahoe Olympic Valley||SL||CA Challenge||U14||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|January 9, 2022||Boys Girls|
|January 22, 2022||Northstar||GS||CA Challenge||U14||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|January 23, 2022||Boys Girls|
January 22, 2022
|Bear Valley||SL||Central||U10.12.14||NOTE NEW DATE
January 23, 2022
|January 29, 2022||Badger Pass||SL||Central||U10.U12.U14.U16||Boys Girls|
|January 30, 2022||Boys Girls|
|January 29, 2022||Snow Summit||SL||South||U10.U12.U14||Boys Girls|
|January 30, 2022||Boys Girls|
|February 4, 2022||Mammoth||SG TR||Ca Challenge||U14||
SG TR Required
|February 5, 2022||SG||Boys Girls|
|February 6, 2022||Boys Girls|
|February 12, 2022||Dodge Ridge||GS||Central||U10.U12.U14||Boys Girls|
|February 13, 2022||Boys Girls|
|February 26, 2022||China Peak||GS.SG||Central||U10.U12.U14||Boys Girls|
|February 27, 2022||Boys Girls|
|February 26, 2022||Snow Summit||GS||South||U10.U12.U14||Boys Girls|
|February 27, 2022||Boys Girls|
|March 3, 2022||Palisades Tahoe Olympic Valley||FW Division||U14||
|March 4, 2022||Boys Girls|
|March 5, 2022||Boys Girls|
|March 6, 2022||Boys Girls|
|March 12, 2022||Palisades Tahoe Olympic Valley||GS.SL||Open||U14+||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|March 13, 2022||Boys Girls|
|March 24-27, 2022||Mammoth||Invite Only||
Quota M:19 W:19
|March 24-27, 2022||TBD||Invite Only||Performance Camp
Quota M: 14 W: 14
|April 18-21, 2022||Palisades Tahoe||Invite Only||Western Region Skill Developnemt Project|
|April 22-23, 2022||Mammoth||SG Camp
|April 23, 2022||Mammoth||SG Training Mandatory||Open||U14+||SG Finals
|April 24, 2022||SG||Boys Girls|
|April, 25, 2022||SG|
U14 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski and Snowboard and Far West U14 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U14 Races (YOB 08-09) are run as U.S. Ski and Snowboard sanctioned, scored, events. Start lists are based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
SG training runs may be run in team order.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW 2021 season Fluorinated wax is not allowed at any US Ski and Snowboard competitions for any age group. No wax benches are allowed in the U14 and younger race arena. Application of wax is not allowed at the U14 and under competition venue, which is defined as the ski resort property.
- The California Challenge Series is the qualifying series to the U14 Regional Championships
Standings and Awards
Over Season standings for the California Challenge Series, combining all 6 races, is awarded 1st-10th place
2022 U14 Standings
Quota: Men: 19 Women: 19
The U14 Regional Championships brings together U14 athletes from the five divisions of the Western Region (Alaska, Northern, Pacific Northwest, Intermountain and Far West). This provides them the opportunity to improve their skiing skills and to introduce our athletes and coaches to each other and foster a healthy Regional environment. Athletes must be members in good standing of U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West Skiing for the 2021-2022 season, including any (X) foreign athletes.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Western Region U14 Jr Championships is a championship event for U14s by Year of Birth only, from the five Divisions of the Western Region. Under no circumstance will a U12 by Year of Birth be eligible to participate. For U14 athletes to participate in the Far West selection procedures (California Challenge Series) they must hold a U14 Alpine Competitor Membership. Foreign Athletes: For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign U14 Alpine Competitor membership, petition to the U14 Age Class Chair and Far West ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying series and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 2 “X” number per gender, will be allowed to compete at the Regional Championships per season. Once the maximum number of X membership athletes is selected, each consecutive X number athlete within the selection criteria will be skipped. Athletes selected for Regional Championships are required to participate in all races as scheduled.
The quota is filled using the California Challenge Series and 2 quota spots per gender from the Far West U14 Divisional Championships.
California Challenge Series: The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U14 Jr Championships qualifying, California Challenge Series. There are three weekends contesting SL, GS, and SG. Each competitor’s top four WCP scores from the six qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. If any of the qualifiers are canceled, then three count from five, three from four, two from two and one from one count. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Racer A: 100, 80,60,50,50
Racer B: 80, 80,80,50,50
In the example above both athletes have a best of 5 total of 340 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the next best WCP score and so on until the tie is broken in any of the U14 Series events.
The Far West U14 Championships: Two men’s and two women’s quota spots will be filled from the events contested during the Divisional Championships. Athletes that have qualified via the California Challenge Series will be removed from the boards. Each competitor’s top two WCP scores from the three qualifying races (SL, GS, and SG) count, regardless of discipline. In the case of cancelled events, then two count from two and one from one count. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
If the Far West U14 Championships are cancelled the remaining quota spots will be filled from a continuation of the California Challenge Series standings.
Travel and Payment regulations for U14 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program.
- Refunds for U14 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case-by-case basis.
The Far West U14 Jr. Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
- Racers ranked by their total WCP from the Far West U14 Jr Champs qualifying list (20%)
- Racers ranked by their U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, from points list #18 for the discipline (30%)
- Racers ranked by their WCP from the U14 Jr Champs qualifiers for that discipline, taking their best 1 of 2 scored race results (50%)
- In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athlete with the higher WCP rank from the U14 Jr Champs Qualifying list (#1 listed above)
- The last two quota spots per gender will be seeded based on their finish, per event, at the Far West U14 Divisional Championships. 1st-3rd places will be seeded 5th in that event, 4th-8th will be seeded 9th in that event, 10th-14th will be seeded 13th and 15th place and above will be seeded in the last two spots.