- Race Registration
- Race Schedule
- Season Announcements
- U14 Regional Championships
- U14 Spring Select
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2023:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2023 season.
|Event||Price per start|
|SL, GS and PL||$48|
$40 for tech events
Race Schedule & Results
|Rescheduled to Feb 10-12, 2023-|
|January 28, 2023||Snow Summit||2 SL||South/Central||U14.16||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|January 29, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 3, 2023||Palisades Tahoe||3 GS||CA Challenge Series||U14||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|February 4, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 5, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 4, 2023||Dodge Ridge||2 GS||South/Central||U14.16||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|February 5, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 10, 2023||Sugar Bowl||3 SL||CA Challenge Series||U14||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|February 11, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 12, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 17, 2023||China Peak||SG/2 GS||South/Central||U14.16||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|February 18, 2023||Boys Girls|
|February 19, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 2, 2023||Northstar||3 SG||CA Challenge Series||U14||Boys Girls|
|March 3, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 4, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 5, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 23-26, 2023||Jackson Hole, WY||Invite Only||Regional Champs
W: 23 M: 21
|March 24, 2023||Sugar Bowl||Spring Select||U14
|March 25, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 26, 2023||Boys Girls|
|March 30, 2023||Palisades Tahoe Alpine||FW Division||U14||
|March 31, 2023||Boys Girls|
|April 1, 2023||Boys Girls|
|April 2, 2023||Boys Girls|
|April 17-20, 2022||Palisades Tahoe||U14||WR Speed Project
|April 21-22, 2023||Mammoth||Speed Camp||U14|
|April 22, 2023||Mammoth||2 SG||Open||U14+||SG Finals||Boys Girls|
|April 23, 2023||Boys Girls|
|April 24, 2023||Boys Girls|
U14 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski and Snowboard and Far West U14 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U14 Races (YOB 09-10) are run as U.S. Ski and Snowboard sanctioned, scored, events. Start lists are based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
SG training runs may be run in team order.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW 2021 season Fluorinated wax is not allowed at any US Ski and Snowboard competitions for any age group. No wax benches are allowed in the U14 and younger race arena. Application of wax is not allowed at the U14 and under competition venue, which is defined as the ski resort property.
- The California Challenge Series is the qualifying series to the U14 Regional Championships
Standings and Awards
Over Season standings for the California Challenge Series, combining all 9 races, is awarded 1st-5th place
2023 U14 Standings
Quota: Men: 21 Women: 23
The U14 Regional Championships brings together U14 athletes from the five divisions of the Western Region (Alaska, Northern, Pacific Northwest, Intermountain and Far West). This provides them the opportunity to improve their skiing skills and to introduce our athletes and coaches to each other and foster a healthy Regional environment. Athletes must be members in good standing of U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West Skiing for the 2022-2023 season, including any (X) foreign athletes.
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Western Region U14 Jr Championships is a championship event for U14s by Year of Birth only, from the five Divisions of the Western Region. Under no circumstance will a U12 by Year of Birth be eligible to participate. For U14 athletes to participate in the Far West selection procedures (California Challenge Series) they must hold a U14 Alpine Competitor Membership. Foreign Athletes: For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign U14 Alpine Competitor membership, petition to the U14 Age Class Chair and Far West ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying series and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 2 “X” number per gender, will be allowed to compete at the Regional Championships per season. Once the maximum number of X membership athletes is selected, each consecutive X number athlete within the selection criteria will be skipped. Athletes selected for Regional Championships are required to participate in all races as scheduled.
The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U14 Jr Championships qualifying events (California Challenge Series). There are three weekends contesting SL, GS, and SG. Each competitor’s best 5 of 9 WCP scores from all the qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. If any of the qualifiers are canceled, then five count from seven or eight, four from five or six, three from four, two from two or three, and one from one count. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Racer A: 100, 80,60,50,50
Racer B: 80, 80,80,50,50
In the example above both athletes have a best of 5 total of 340 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the next best WCP score and so on until the tie is broken in any of the U14 Series events.
Travel and Payment regulations for U14 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program.
- Refunds for U14 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case-by-case basis.
The Far West U14 Jr Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
1. Racers ranked by their U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, from points list #18 valid March 9th for each discipline
2. In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athletes better U.S. Ski & Snowboard result in that discipline