Palisades Tahoe and Team Palisades Tahoe are seeking experienced groomers. Click here to apply. We are seeking applicants interested in supporting World Cup, temporary, seasonal, or long-term careers. Competitive pay and great benefits.
Tahoe Donner is seeking a new Snowsports Teams Coordinator
The Snowsports Teams Coordinator is responsible for organizing and training all season-long program participants, to include all communication duties with all programs including but not limited to Race Team, Master's Team, Recreational Team, Sunday Speedsters, and TD Tykes. This position is also the head coach of both our Master’s Training program on Thursdays and Fridays as well as our Tahoe League youth race team on the weekends. The Snowsports Teams Coordinator reports directly to the Ski and Snowboard School Director.
- Provides excellent customer service to customers, employees and business partners.
- Coaches team participants on proper form, technique and equipment.
- Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
- Set up racecourses and timing equipment.
- Assist with special events.
- Communicates regularly with all program participants in-person, as well as via phone and email.
- Oversees all season-long programs to ensure that they are being taught to the Tahoe Donner Standard
- Other duties as assigned by the Ski and Snowboard School Director or senior management
- Demonstrates excellent communication and “People” skills; Must love dealing with people.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods
- Requires possession of a valid class C Driver's license with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association Insurance Carrier.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certifications recommended.
- Current Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA), United States Ski and Snowboard certification or equivalent preferred.
- Current certification in ski binding procedures (will certify on the job)
Please email [email protected] for questions related to the position or apply online at:https://www.tahoedonner.com/community/general/employment/
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy Launches Search for New Executive Director & Head of School
California’s Only Ski-in/Ski-out Ski Academy and Ski Team Seeks New Leader to begin July 1, 2023
NORDEN, California - September 9, 2022: Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy announced today a global search for its next Executive Director & Head of School. The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy (SBSTA) Board of Trustees has appointed a Search Committee, which has just published a Position Statement highlighting SBSTA’s history, strategic plan, and key opportunities and challenges, and the qualities and experiences SBSTA is seeking in its next Executive Director & Head of School (EDHOS).
About the Position
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy’s Executive Director & Head of School will be the leader of the organization, reporting to the Board of Trustees. The EDHOS is responsible for driving SBSTA to realize its mission and vision by executing on its strategic plan:
• Offer the highest quality skiing experiences and training opportunities
• Provide the most sophisticated and innovative programming for athletic, academic, and personal development
• Deliver rigorous college preparatory academics to meet the immediate challenges of student-athletes as well as support their long-term goals
• Develop and broaden institutional, community, and financial resources to ensure long-term sustainability and growth
About the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experiences:
• Personal and/or professional experience balancing academics with high-level athletics
• Proven leadership within a complex organization
• Financial management acumen (e.g., P&L, budgets, compensation)
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising/development/endowments
• Demonstrated ability to connect with and inspire a wide spectrum of stakeholders
• Thought leader/visionary/innovator/strategic thinker
• Willingness to jump in wherever needed
• Passionate, energetic, inspiring
• Transparent, inclusive, relational, and collaborative leadership style
• High emotional intelligence (e.g., self-awareness, humility, empathy, interpersonal skills, authenticity)
To view the EDHOS Position Statement, please visit sbacademy.org/executive-director-and-head-of-school-search. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than October 28, 2022, in accordance with the application process described in the Position Statement.
ABOUT SUGAR BOWL SKI TEAM & ACADEMY
The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a nationally recognized Alpine, Freeride, and Nordic ski team and ski academy that has produced multiple US Ski Team members, NCAA collegiate competitors, national champions in virtually all age groups, and numerous nationally ranked athletes. SBSTA is gold certified through the US Ski and Snowboard Certification Program and accredited by NAIS. Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a community dedicated to providing passionate skiers the opportunity to pursue athletic dreams, academic excellence, and personal growth while celebrating grit, grace, and courage.