Team Palisades Tahoe Ski & Snowboard Team- Head Coach : https://alterra.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PalisadesTahoe/details/Ski---Snowboard-Team--Head-Coach_JR109915
Team Palisades Tahoe & Alpine- Ski Team Coach: https://alterra.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PalisadesTahoe/details/Ski-Team-Coach_JR100101?q=coach
Auburn Ski Club
ASC is a non-profit organization operating a snow sport facility with Alpine,
Snowboard, Nordic and Biathlon programs, clinics, competitions and social
Position: ASC Alpine Development Team Coach
Employer: Auburn Ski Club (Inc.)
Reports to: Alpine Teams Director
Employment Period: November 1, 2023- May 1, 2024
Join the ASC family helping young athletes begin their alpine skiing journey at the
Auburn Ski Club. The Development Team ranges from ages 6-12 and most of the
athletes are beginner / intermediate skiers. With Development Team coaches’ guidance,
these young athletes will be introduced to skiing fundamentals through directed
free-skiing. Drills, drill courses, and gates. Most importantly, the coaches’ role is to
show these athletes why we love snow sports so much!
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
● Work with The Alpine Director and Head Alpine Coach to ensure consistency in training
philosophy and smooth transition for athletes through the ASC development pipeline.
● Create yearly training plan framework for Devo teams that takes into account
● Plan and implement training sessions for Devo teams (7-10yo) that focus on daily,
weekly, and seasonal goals that, among other things, highlight fun, active, outdoor alpine
development, taking into account the physical and psychological well being of athletes,
technical progressions, and equipment maintenance.
● Must be able to manage assistant coaches and help them understand the ASC Training
Center philosophy and implement training consistently.
● Meet regularly with the Program Director to debrief events, discuss training
plan/preparation, needs, athlete wellness and upcoming events.
● Assist as needed with high school training/venue set up and maintain consistent training
● Help with marketing and outreach for ASC Alpine
● Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
● Coaching experience required; must enjoy working with kids
● US Ski and Snowboard Level 100 preferred
● First Aid/CPR certification
● Minimum 18 years of age
● Flexible work schedule – some holidays, evenings and weekends required
● Valid driver’s license required
Environmental Job Requirements
● Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures/weather extremes
● Ability to alpine ski at advanced level
● General physical fitness – must be able to train and keep up with athletes
● Ability to lift 50 pounds
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus
● Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
● Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and
Required In-House Training
● ASC orientation
● Sexual Harassment – Safe Sport
● Customer service
● Specific training for teaching alpine skiing
● First Aid/CPR certification (if not already certified)
Tahoe Donner is seeking a new Snowsports Teams Coordinator
The Snowsports Teams Coordinator is responsible for organizing and training all season-long program participants, to include all communication duties with all programs including but not limited to Race Team, Master's Team, Recreational Team, Sunday Speedsters, and TD Tykes. This position is also the head coach of both our Master’s Training program on Thursdays and Fridays as well as our Tahoe League youth race team on the weekends. The Snowsports Teams Coordinator reports directly to the Ski and Snowboard School Director.
- Provides excellent customer service to customers, employees and business partners.
- Coaches team participants on proper form, technique and equipment.
- Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
- Set up racecourses and timing equipment.
- Assist with special events.
- Communicates regularly with all program participants in-person, as well as via phone and email.
- Oversees all season-long programs to ensure that they are being taught to the Tahoe Donner Standard
- Other duties as assigned by the Ski and Snowboard School Director or senior management
- Demonstrates excellent communication and “People” skills; Must love dealing with people.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods
- Requires possession of a valid class C Driver's license with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association Insurance Carrier.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certifications recommended.
- Current Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA), United States Ski and Snowboard certification or equivalent preferred.
- Current certification in ski binding procedures (will certify on the job)
Please email [email protected] for questions related to the position or apply online at:https://www.tahoedonner.com/community/general/employment/
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy Launches Search for New Executive Director & Head of School
California’s Only Ski-in/Ski-out Ski Academy and Ski Team Seeks New Leader to begin July 1, 2023
NORDEN, California - September 9, 2022: Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy announced today a global search for its next Executive Director & Head of School. The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy (SBSTA) Board of Trustees has appointed a Search Committee, which has just published a Position Statement highlighting SBSTA’s history, strategic plan, and key opportunities and challenges, and the qualities and experiences SBSTA is seeking in its next Executive Director & Head of School (EDHOS).
About the Position
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy’s Executive Director & Head of School will be the leader of the organization, reporting to the Board of Trustees. The EDHOS is responsible for driving SBSTA to realize its mission and vision by executing on its strategic plan:
• Offer the highest quality skiing experiences and training opportunities
• Provide the most sophisticated and innovative programming for athletic, academic, and personal development
• Deliver rigorous college preparatory academics to meet the immediate challenges of student-athletes as well as support their long-term goals
• Develop and broaden institutional, community, and financial resources to ensure long-term sustainability and growth
About the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experiences:
• Personal and/or professional experience balancing academics with high-level athletics
• Proven leadership within a complex organization
• Financial management acumen (e.g., P&L, budgets, compensation)
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising/development/endowments
• Demonstrated ability to connect with and inspire a wide spectrum of stakeholders
• Thought leader/visionary/innovator/strategic thinker
• Willingness to jump in wherever needed
• Passionate, energetic, inspiring
• Transparent, inclusive, relational, and collaborative leadership style
• High emotional intelligence (e.g., self-awareness, humility, empathy, interpersonal skills, authenticity)
To view the EDHOS Position Statement, please visit sbacademy.org/executive-director-and-head-of-school-search. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than October 28, 2022, in accordance with the application process described in the Position Statement.
ABOUT SUGAR BOWL SKI TEAM & ACADEMY
The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a nationally recognized Alpine, Freeride, and Nordic ski team and ski academy that has produced multiple US Ski Team members, NCAA collegiate competitors, national champions in virtually all age groups, and numerous nationally ranked athletes. SBSTA is gold certified through the US Ski and Snowboard Certification Program and accredited by NAIS. Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a community dedicated to providing passionate skiers the opportunity to pursue athletic dreams, academic excellence, and personal growth while celebrating grit, grace, and courage.