Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2021/2022:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2022 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40|
|SG and DH||$47|
|Late Fee||$40 for tech events
$45 for speed events
Race Schedule & Results for the 2022 Season
|Auburn Ski Club||Night SL||Open||U16+||POSTPONED||Men Women|
|January 8, 2022||Snow Summit||1 GS. 2 SL||Wild West/Open||U16+||Race Announcement||Men Women|
|January 9, 2022||Men Women|
|January 10, 2022||Men Women|
|February 14, 2022||Mammoth||SG||Wild West/Open||U16+||Race Announcement|
|February 15, 2022||Men Women|
|February 16, 2022||Men Women|
|February 25, 2022||Palisades Tahoe (Olympic Valley)||2 GS. 1 SL||Wild West/Open||U16+||Race Announcement||Men Women|
|February 26, 2022||Men Women|
|February 27, 2022||Men Women|
|March 12, 2022||Palisades Tahoe (Olympic Valley)||1GS. 1 SL||Open||U14+||Race Announcement||Men Women|
|March 13, 2022||Men Women|
|March 14-17, 2022||Big Sky||Regional Champs||U16||Invite only||Link to Selections Page|
|M: 23 W: 30|
|April 1, 2022||Mens SL at SB
Ladies GS at Palisades
|SL Sugar Bowl
|Open||U16+||FW Tech Finals
Sugar Bowl Race Announcement
PTOV Race Announcement
|April 2, 2022||Men SB
|April 3, 2022||
Men GS at Palisades
|April 4, 2022||Men TPT
|April 19-22, 2022||Mammoth||DH||Open||U16+||Race Announcement||Men Women|
|April 23, 2022||Mammoth||SG Training Optional||Open||U14+||FW SG Finals
|April 24, 2022||SG||Men Women|
|April 25, 2022||SG||Men Women|
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the 'Wild West Series.'
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW US Ski and Snowboard has banned the use of all fluoronated wax, for all athletes.
Standings & Awards
Wild West Races - 1st - 3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Far West Finals - 1st -3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Wild West Series Winners - 1st-3rd place in the Wild West Qualifiers, see standings below.
Women's Finalized Standings
Men's Finalized Standings
Western Region U16 Championships - Big Sky; March 14-17, 2022
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard U16 Jr Championships is a championship event for racers ages 14 and 15 years old only, from the five divisions of the Western Region. Each of the three regions of U.S. Ski & Snowboard (Western/Rocky-Central/Eastern) conducts its own U16 Regional Jr Championships. The event consists of 2 SG, 1 GS, 1 SL races.
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season.
Quota: Men: 23 Women: 30
The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U16 Jr Championships qualifying events (WILD WEST SERIES). There are multiple weekends contesting SL, GS and SG. Each competitor’s best 5 of 9 WCP scores from all of the qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. If any of the qualifiers are canceled, then five count from seven or eight, four from five or six, three from four, two from two or three, and one from one count. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Racer A: 100, 80,80,60,50, 0,0
Racer B: 80, 80,80,80,50,0,0
In the example above both athletes have a total of 370 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest US Ski and Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
The Far West U16 Jr Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
- Racers ranked by their U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, from points list #17 for each discipline
- In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athletes better U.S. Ski & Snowboard result in the discipline
Travel and Payment regulations for U16 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program.
- Refunds for U16 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case-by-case basis.
The US winners of each discipline race and the combined at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard /Western Region U16 Junior Championships will be automatics to the following seasons Far West Ski Team.