Race registration requirements for 2022 Season available in the Fall.
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2021/2022:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2022 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40|
|SG and DH||$47|
|Late Fee||$40 for tech events
$45 for speed events
Race Schedule & Results
|December 10, 2021||Mammoth||SL.GS||Open||U16+||Men Women|
|December 11, 2021||Men Women|
|December 12, 2021||Men Women|
|December 13, 2021||Men Women|
|December 22, 2021||Auburn Ski Club||Night SL||Open||U16+||Men Women|
|December 23, 2021||Men Women|
|January 8, 2022||Sugar Bowl||1 GS. 2 SL||Wild West/Open||U16+||Men Women|
|January 9, 2022||Men Women|
|January 10, 2022||Men Women|
|February 11, 2022||Mammoth||SG||Wild West/Open||U16+||Men Women|
|February 12, 2022||Men Women|
|February 13, 2022||Men Women|
|February 25, 2022||Squaw Valley||2 GS. 1 SL||Wild West/Open||U16+||Men Women|
|February 26, 2022||Men Women|
|February 27, 2022||Men Women|
|March 12, 2022||Squaw Valley||1GS. 1 SL||Open||U14+||Men Women|
|March 13, 2022||Men Women|
|March 14-17, 2022||Big Sky||Regional Champs||U16||Invite only
M: 19 W: 25
|April 1, 2022||SL Sugar Bowl
|Open||U16+||FW Tech Finals||Men Women|
|April 2, 2022||Men Women|
|April 3, 2022||FW Tech Finals||Men Women|
|April 4, 2022||Men Women|
|April 19-22, 2022||Mammoth||DH||Open||U16+|
|April 24, 2022||Mammoth||SG||Open||U14+||FW SG Finals||Men Women|
|April 25, 2022||Mammoth||Men Women|
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the 'Wild West Series.'
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW US Ski and Snowboard has banned the use of all fluoronated wax, for all athletes.
Standings & Awards
Wild West Races - 1st - 3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Far West Finals - 1st -3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Wild West Series Winners - 1st-3rd place in the Wild West Qualifiers, see standings below.
U16 Wild West Series Standings
Western Region Junior Championships - Big Sky; March 14-17, 2022
The U.S. Ski & Snowboard U16 Jr Championships is a championship event for racers ages 14 and 15 years old only, from the five divisions of the Western Region. Each of the three regions of U.S. Ski & Snowboard (Western/Rocky-Central/Eastern) conducts its own U16 Regional Jr Championships. The event consists of 2 SG, 1 GS, 1 SL races.
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season.
Quota: Men: TBD Women: TBD
The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U16 Jr Championships qualifying events (WILD WEST SERIES). There are multiple weekends contesting SL, GS and SG. Each competitor’s best 5 of 9 WCP scores from all of the qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. If any of the qualifiers are canceled, then five count from seven or eight, four from five or six, three from four, two from two or three, and one from one count. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Racer A: 100, 80,80,60,50, 0,0
Racer B: 80, 80,80,80,50,0,0
In the example above both athletes have a total of 370 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest US Ski and Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
The Far West U16 Jr Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
- Racers ranked by their event WCP from the qualifiers.
- In the event of a WCP order tie the seeding will be broken by the athletes US Ski and Snowboard points from points list TBD in that event.
- SG seeding will be based on list #TBD. Any 999’s will be a random draw for the seed spot.
Travel and Payment regulations for U16 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program.
- Refunds for U16 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case-by-case basis.
The US winners of each discipline race and the combined at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard /Western Region U16 Junior Championships will be automatics to the following seasons Far West Ski Team.