Race registration requirements for 2021 Season
- All registration will be completed online via US Ski and Snowboard event online registration through the athletes My USSA portal. Registration will close 5 days prior to the first Team Captains Meeting of that event. (ie Wild West Series starts on Friday for Men and Sunday for Women, the reg will close Sunday night prior for all).
- Coaches must complete their online registration for the event by the same deadline as the athletes.
- The first one hundred athletes to register will be entered in the event. There will be no ‘waiting list’ available. Any pulls prior to the entry deadline need to go through the race organizer, allowing further athletes to register. Pulls after the entry deadline will not be refunded.
- Registration will open 45 days prior to the Team Captains Meeting of an event. Race announcements need to be out prior to this 45 day window. Any delay in opening of the registration will be announced via the Far West Office eblast system.
- Resort liability waivers must be received by the Organizing Committee no later than 48 hours after the close of online registration. There will be no opportunity to turn them in at the Team Captains Meeting and an athlete will be pulled from the event.
- No late registration will be available.
- Athletes are required to use their Far West purchased bib for the 2021 season for all Far West age class events (TRS race bibs through their program).
- Items to be included on the Race Announcement from the organizing committee:
- Ticket purchase process/order
- Pre event symptom check process
- Parent ticket info, if available
- Race area requirements, i.e. lift loading guides, indoor facility information, virtual awards links (physical awards prohibited), team captains meeting platform (link not necessary on the race announcement), race document delivery process (start lists, ref reports, results).
- Area ROL to be attached
- Other required reminders:
- athlete responsibility for equipment rules (222.1)
- face coverings required (223.1.1)
- team inspection times will be utilized
- physical scoreboard prohibited
- team areas will be available above the start for athletes and coaches only.
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2020/2021:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2021 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40|
|SG and DH||$47|
|Late Fee||$40 for tech events
$45 for speed events
Race Schedule & Results
|January 8, 2021||Mammoth||2 SL||Wild West
|U16+||Jan 8-9 Women
Jan 10-11 Men
|January 9, 2021||Women|
|January 10, 2021||Men|
|January 11, 2021||Men|
|January 29, 2021||Squaw Valley||2 GS||Wild West
Jan 29-30 Men
Jan 31-Feb 1 Women
|January 30, 2021||Men|
|January 31, 2021||Women|
|February 1, 2021||Women|
|February 19, 2021||Mammoth||SG||Wild West
|U16+||Feb 19-20 Women
Feb 21-22 Men
|February 20, 2021||Women|
|February 21, 2021||Men|
|February 22, 2021||Men|
|March 5, 2021||TBA||Open Series||U16+|
|March 6, 2021|
|March 7, 2021|
|March 8, 2021|
|March 18-21, 2021||Mammoth||SL.GS.SG||Regional Champs||U16 Only||Invitation Only
Quota M:14 W:14
|April 2, 2021*||
Ladies Sugar Bowl
|Far West Tech Finals||U16+||Men Women|
|April 3, 2021*||
|April 4, 2021*||Men
|April 5, 2021*||
|April 14-16, 2021 Men
April 17-19, 2021 Women
|April 22 SG TR W||Mammoth||SG TR||FW SG Finals||U14+||Women|
|April 23-24: Women||SG Races||Women|
|April 26 SG TR M||Men|
|April 27-28: Men||Men|
|**SG Training is optional for U16 and older, required for U14's|
|April TBD, 2021 End of Season Awards will be held virtually during the Speed Finals Awards|
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a valid U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the 'Wild West Series.'
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- NEW NEW NEW US Ski and Snowboard has banned the use of all fluoronated wax, for all athletes.
Standings & Awards
Wild West Races - 1st - 3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Far West Finals - 1st -3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Wild West Series Winners - 1st-3rd place in the Wild West Qualifiers, see standings below.
U16 Wild West Series Standings
Western Region Junior Championships - Mammoth Mountain; March 18-21, 2021
Quota: 14 Boys 14 Girls
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season
The quota is filled using “World Cup Points” (WCP) (see Rules Governing Far West Competitors Section of this document), scored in the U16 Jr Championships qualifying events (WILD WEST SERIES). There are multiple weekends contesting SL, GS and SG. Each competitor’s WCP scores from all of the qualifying races count, regardless of discipline. In special circumstances, a one run race may be scored for Jr Championship qualifying purposes, if approved by the team captains at the event. In the event of a tie, the athlete’s best result using WCPs is used even if that was previously applied in their original qualifying score.
Example: Racer A: 100, 80,80,60,50, 0,0
Racer B: 80, 80,80,80,50,0,0
In the example above both athletes have a total of 370 points. Racer A would be the higher rank due to the higher WCP finish. If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest US Ski and Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
The Far West U16 Jr Championship Team is seeded by a ranking list per event, using the following criteria:
- Racers ranked by their U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, from points list # 17, for each discipline
- In the event of a seeding tie this will be broken by the athletes better U.S. Ski & Snowboard result in the discipline
Travel and Payment regulations for U16 Jr Championships
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org. There will be a 72-hour response window. Payment in full will be due at this time.
- An alternative housing agreement must be on file in order for an athlete to stay with parents instead of the team. For Championships held in Alaska an athlete may not opt out of the team travel program. DURING THE 2021 CHAMPIONSHIPS THERE WILL BE NO DIVISIONAL TRAVEL BASED ON COVID RESTRICTIONS.
- Refunds for U16 Jr Champs will be made only for recoverable costs, and on a case by case basis.
The US winners of each discipline race and the combined at the U.S. Ski & Snowboard /Western Region U16 Junior Championships will be named to the U.S. Ski & Snowboard JR Championships Team and be automatics to the following seasons Far West Ski Team.