Click here for: U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Entry Card
|Register for Races at AdminSkiRacing.com||
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2018/2019:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2018/2019 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40|
|SG and DH||$47|
Race Schedule & Results
|December 7, 2018||Mammoth||2 SL.2GS||Open||U14+||Race Announcement||Boys GIrls SL|
|December 8, 2018||Boys GIrls SL|
|December 9, 2018||Boys GIrls GS|
|December 10, 2018||Boys GIrls GS|
|Make up dates for the opening tech event listed above: December 14-17, 2018|
January 18, 2019
|Auburn Ski Club||2 Night
January 19, 2019
|January 4, 2019||Mammoth||2 SL.1 GS||Wild West
Qualifier & Open
|U16+||Race Announcement||Mens GS Ladies GS|
|January 5, 2019||Gents SL 1 SL 2|
|January 6, 2019||Ladies SL 1 SL 2|
|January 25, 2019||Squaw Valley||1 SL.2 GS||Wild West
Qualifier & Open
|U16+||Race Announcement & ROL||Mens SL Ladies SL|
|January 26, 2019||Mens GS Ladies GS|
|January 27, 2019|
|February 4-6, 2019||Northstar||Speed Development Project||U16||Project Announcement
|Hard stop reg deadline:|
|Jan 28th at 5pm|
March 1, 2019
|Apine Meadows||3 SG||Wild West
Qualifier & Open
|U16+||Race Announcement & ROL|
March 2, 2019
March 3, 2019
|March 8, 2019||Auburn Ski Club||1 Night SL||Open||U16+||Race Announcement & ROL|
|March 9, 2019||Northstar||1SL.1GS||Open||U16+||Race Announcement
|March 10, 2019|
|March 14-17, 2019||Sun Valley, ID||SL.GS.
|WR U16 Champs||U16||Invitation Only
|Reg Available 3.6.19|
|March 29, 2019
Sugar Bowl SL
|FW Tech Finals||U14+||
|March 30, 2019
|March 31, 2019
|April 1, 2019
|* split gender example: men run SL at one mountain while ladies are running GS at another mountain on the same day|
|April 8-11, 2019||Mammoth||DH TR.DH||Open||U16+||Combined FIS and National DH|
|April 20, 2019||Mammoth||3 SG||Open||U14+||FW SG Finals|
|April 21, 2019|
|April 22-23, 2019||Mammoth||DH TR||Open||U16+||FW DH Finals|
|April 24, 2019||3 DH|
|April 25, 2019|
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the 'Wild West Series.'
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
Standings & Awards
Wild West Races - 1st - 5th place, and one hard charger per gender
Far West Finals - 1st -3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Wild West Series Winners - 1st-3rd place in the Wild West Qualifiers, see standings below.
U16 Regional Championships/Wild West Series Standings
Western Region Junior Championships - Sun Valley, ID
Competition Days March 14-17, 2019
March 11th travel day and check in (no food provided)
March 12th acclamation and free ski day (breakfast and dinner provided)
March 13th training day (breakfast and dinner provided)
March 14th - 17th: 2 SG, 1 GS, 1 SL (breakfast and dinner provided daily through the 16th, 17th will be breakfast only)
March 17th check out and begin travel home
-travel to and from the event is not included in the price of the U16 Regional Championships
-Far West is looking for 3 parent chaperones for this event. Please contact the Far West office if you are interested
-not chaperoning? Check out the Friends and Family rate at Sun Valley
Quota: Boys 22 Girls 29
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season
- Up to a six column, double-sided board, with best World Cup Point race results earned in designated Far West qualifier races, Wild West Series, by discipline on the left side and the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points from the designated points list by discipline on the right side of the board.
- Far West qualifier best World Cup Point race result (left side of the board) will be determined as follows:
- Far West Wild West Series SL, GS and SG series held in January and February.
- An athlete will be able to use the best World Cup Point result from the contested qualifying races in each discipline.
- A column will not appear if all events in that discipline are cancelled.
- In the event of a tie in any given discipline, the tiebreaking proceeds as follows:
- The tied athletes are listed from highest to lowest by their World Cup Point results in that discipline, ie Racer A: 100, 80, 80 and Racer B: 100, 100, 80. Racer B would be ranked higher due to their higher WCP finish in the overall event series.
- If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest U.S. Ski & Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
- The board will be set up from left to right:
- Left side – Best World Cup Point result earned from the Far West qualifier races in each discipline in order of: SL, GS, SG. A column will not appear if the race series is cancelled.
- Right side – points from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points list in order of: SL, GS, and SG. IF a race series is cancelled for a particular discipline, the U.S. Ski & Snowboard point’s column for that discipline will still appear on the board, with the athletes that were on the start list, if the race series was cancelled on site, and athletes that were registered by the entry deadline if the race series is cancelled in advanced.
- Automatic Status to U16 Regional Championships on the Far West quota: Any Far West athlete that is invited to, and attends, the U16 NPS projects (excluding athletes under discretionary spots), and attends two of the three Wild West Series races, will be an automatic in the Far West Quota to the U16 Regional Championships.
Once finalized selections are announced, athletes will have 72 hours to respond and submit payment.