Click here for: U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Entry Card
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Entry Fees for 2019/2020:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2019/2020 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40|
|SG and DH||$47|
|Late Fee||$40 for tech events
$45 for speed events
Race Schedule & Results
|Dec 20-22, 2019||Mission Ridge||SL.GS||RPS||U16||Link to selections and registration||Registration due by 11.18.19 at 5pm!|
|December 6, 2019||Mammoth||2SL.2GS||Open||U16+||POSTPONED|
|December 7, 2019|
|December 8, 2019|
|December 9, 2019|
|December 27, 2019||Auburn Ski Club||SL||Open||U16+||
|December 28, 2019||Men Women|
|Back up for the ASC event for low snow will be Day Slaloms held at Sugar Bowl|
|January 3, 2020||Mammoth||2SL 1GS||Wild West
|January 4, 2020||Men Women|
|January 5, 2020||Men Women|
|January 24, 2020||Northstar||2GS 1SL||Wild West
|U16+||Race Announcement||Men Women|
|January 25, 2020||Men Women|
|January 26, 2020||POSTPONED|
|February 3-5, 2020||Alpine Meadows||Speed Project||Development||U16 Only||Project Announcement|
|February 21, 2020||Mammoth||SG + SL||Wild West
|U16+||Updated Race Announcement||Men Women Men|
|February 22, 2020||Women Men|
|February 23, 2020||Women Men|
|March 11-14, 2020||Schweitzer||SL.GS.SG||Regional Champs||U16 Only||REGISTRATION
|SEASON CANCELLED AS OF MARCH 16, 2020 STAY SAFE|
U16 Specific Announcements
- all athletes must hold a U.S. Ski & Snowboard and Far West U16 Competitors License (www.usskiandsnowboard.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- U16 Qualifying Series for U16 Regional Championships is known as the 'Wild West Series.'
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
Standings & Awards
Wild West Races - 1st - 5th place, and one hard charger per gender
Far West Finals - 1st -3rd place, and one hard charger per gender
Wild West Series Winners - 1st-3rd place in the Wild West Qualifiers, see standings below.
U16 Regional Championships/Wild West Series Standings
Western Region Junior Championships -
Quota: Boys Girls
2 WR Automatics for the 2020 championships: Karsten Hart and Maddie Welling due to qualifying and attending the Opa Cup (based on WR rules)
For “X” numbered athletes to participate in selection procedures they must hold a Far West Foreign membership, petition to the Age Class Chair and ACC Chair prior to the first qualifying event and follow all Far West rules and regulations. A maximum of 3 “X” numbers per gender will be allowed per season
- Up to a six column, double-sided board, with best World Cup Point race results earned in designated Far West qualifier races, Wild West Series, by discipline on the left side and the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points from the designated points list by discipline on the right side of the board. Points list 14 in 2020.
- Far West qualifier best World Cup Point race result (left side of the board) will be determined as follows:
- Far West Wild West Series SL, GS and SG series held in January and February.
- An athlete will be able to use the best World Cup Point result from the contested qualifying races in each discipline.
- A column will not appear if all events in that discipline are cancelled.
- In the event of a tie in any given discipline, the tiebreaking proceeds as follows:
- The tied athletes are listed from highest to lowest by their World Cup Point results in that discipline, ie Racer A: 100, 80, 80 and Racer B: 100, 100, 80. Racer B would be ranked higher due to their higher WCP finish in the overall event series.
- If a tie still exists, the next athlete selected will be the racer with the lowest U.S. Ski & Snowboard race point results in any of the Wild West Series events.
- The board will be set up from left to right:
- Left side – Best World Cup Point result earned from the Far West qualifier races in each discipline in order of: SL, GS, SG. A column will not appear if the race series is cancelled.
- Right side – points from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points list in order of: SL, GS, and SG. IF a race series is cancelled for a particular discipline, the U.S. Ski & Snowboard point’s column for that discipline will still appear on the board, with the athletes that were on the start list, if the race series was cancelled on site, and athletes that were registered by the entry deadline if the race series is cancelled in advanced.
- Automatic Status to U16 Regional Championships on the Far West quota: Any Far West athlete that is invited to, and attends, the U16 NPS projects (excluding athletes under discretionary spots), and attends two of the three Wild West Series races, will be an automatic in the Far West Quota to the U16 Regional Championships. (there is no NPS series for the 2020 season so this rule does not apply)
Once finalized selections are announced, athletes will have 72 hours to respond and submit payment.