Welcome to summer training block and preparation for the 2020 Competition Season.
1. All Tahoe Race Series and Age Class Schedules are now posted on their respective pages.
2. Tahoe League has a name change to Tahoe Race Series!
3. Please take note of NEW NEW NEW announcements on each age class page.
4. Updated Late Fee policy: $40 for tech events and $45 for speed events
5. Reminder that athletes with the age class of Senior are required to submit an intent to compete email/communication to the Far West Office by August 15th in order to be placed on the FWST, FW Pace Team and FIS event selection boards.
6. Far West Academic Team recognizes Srs - U16 athletes from the 2019 season (YOB 1997-2004) that raced as Far West members whose GPA for Spring Semester was 3.5 or better. The athletes must be registered Sr-U16 during the Spring Academic period. Athletes are invited to send a legible copy of hte spring report card to the FWS office ([email protected]) by September 15th, in order to be named to the Far West Academic Team. The Far West Academic Team will be announced on the FWS skiing website by September 17th.
7. Scholarships - any scholarships that become available will be posted on the FWS Homepage and Facebook pages. Currently the Masters Scholarship is posted and soon the Dave Van Ruiten along with the Marce Herz Foundation Scholarship will be added. These applications will be due Fall of 2019. Please pay close attention to scholarship deadlines.
8. Fall Assessments - athletes in the age classes of U14 and older should be participating in Physical Assessments two times a year. This year the Far West is trying a new approach to utilize the best facilities possible. The following clubs will host assessments open to anyone within the Far West Division to participate: Sugar Bowl, Mammoth and Squaw Valley. Fall assessments dates will be announced and posted by the end of the summer.
9. Far West Fall Convention and Regional Club of Excellence will be held November 1-3, 2019.
10. Please check out the updated membership structure chart from US Ski and Snowboard that is posted on the FWS homepage.
11. The Far West Office is officially closed during the month of July so communications may be delayed by a few days while I am away.
Now is the time to make sure you are subscribed to the correct age class newsletters for the 2020 season. Please check the age class listed on your newlsetter today and if it is correct you will need to do nothing. If you need to add an age class please do so on the Far West Skiing Homepage, and if you need to unsubscribe then please do that at the bottom of your newlsetter.
Thank you and have a great summer!
Far West Skiing